Want to test BleachBit 0.6.0 beta? It contains numerous new features and some fixes. In particular, please test:
- BleachBit should refuse to clean these applications while they are running: APT, Epiphany, Evolution, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Skype.
- When previewing or deleting, the list of files should continuously scroll to the end.
- On Linux, please test the new APT cleaner (only for Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, and other apt-based systems).
- On Linux, please test SQLite database vacuuming in Liferea.
- On Windows, BleachBit (the application, not the installer) should automatically detect your native language and show text in the correct language (must be one of the 27 translated languages). To change the language, go to the Windows Control Panel, click on Regionalization, choose your language under Standards and Formats, and restart BleachBit.
- On Windows XP, BleachBit should clean all of Internet Explorer without errors (which would be indicated in a red color).
- On Windows Vista, you may see 'access denied' cleaning Internet Explorer unless you right click on the BleachBit shortcut and choose 'Run as Administrator.'
- On Windows, BleachBit should empty the Recycle Bin of all fixed drives (i.e., not network drives, not remove-able drives, and not read-only drives).
- There are new languages: Galician, Swedish, Romanian.
Please be aware: the positions of the Preview and Delete buttons have been swapped!
Because of the significant time it takes to prepare all the installation packages, only the following files are offered for this beta:
- Microsoft Windows: BleachBit-0.6.0beta-Win32-install-full-gtk.exe
- Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04 (Python 2.5): bleachbit_0.6.0beta-1_all_ubuntu804.deb
- Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope 9.04 (Python 2.6): bleachbit_0.6.0beta-1_all_ubuntu904.deb
- Source code: bleachbit-0.6.0beta.tar.gz
For other Linux distributions, you can try the most similar installation package above. For example, Ubuntu 8.10 and LinuxMint 6 and 7 users can download the Ubuntu 8.04 package. Alternatively, run from source, which is not very difficult.
Check back soon for the final release with the detailed release notes (as usual).