Version 0.5.4 is a maintenance release of BleachBit, the free and open source file and privacy cleaner for Linux and Windows. BleachBit aims to be an easy, advanced, and smart way to clean junk including cache, cookies, Internet history, localizations, logs, and temporary files.
This release is considered stable for Linux and a preview release for Windows. All users are encouraged to upgrade to this release. "Preview" means there are rough edges (such as the index.dat error noted below), but BleachBit should not "eat your files."
The following changes are included since 0.5.3:
- Add new feature to automatically hide irrelevant cleaners. "Irrelevant cleaners" are those that would make no changes on your system (such as for an application you don't have.) On by default, it slightly increases the time to start BleachBit, but it significantly reduces the time to find options because of the reduced clutter. BleachBit now has over 50 cleaners (many with multiple options), so the list of cleaners was too long.
- Clean SeaMonkey
- Delete Adobe Reader MRU's
- Delete Opera download history, URL history, and current session.
- Fix bug: don't uninstall OpenOffice.org extensions.
- Specific to Linux
- Clean X Window Systems session errors log thanks to Roman Horník.
- Specific to Windows
- Clean Google Toolbar.
- Clean Microsoft Office MRU's.
- Clean WinRAR MRU's.
- Enhance Microsoft Windows MRU cleaner to clean mapped network drives MRU's and Vista/7-specific MRU's.
- When upgrading, the uninstaller will guide you in uninstalling the old version before installing the new version.
- Optionally create a desktop shortcut to start BleachBit.
- Fix bug: in case with a cleaner option having multiple Windows registry entries to be deleted, some were skipped.
Thank you to the translators for making this the best translated release yet!
- Add Hindi thanks to Asutosh Dash.
- Add Norwegian Bokmål thanks to Daniel Delâtre.
- Add Simplified Chinese thanks to 勇辉 (Jacky Chen) and mao_king.
- Update Bulgarian thanks to Svetoslav Stefanov.
- Update Czech thanks to Roman Horník.
- Update Dutch thanks to Rob.
- Update Finnish thanks to Lauri Lappalainen.
- Update German thanks to MixCool.
- Update Hebrew thanks to Yaron.
- Update Hungarian thanks to Moltenice80.
- Update Italian thanks to Luca Falavigna.
- Update Russian thanks to Ilia Lilov aka lilovip and to Sergei Sedov.
- Update Slovak thanks to Roman Horník.
- Update Spanish thanks to juancarlospaco.
- Update Turkish thanks to Ckurdu.
|pt_BR||Português do Brasil||89.78%|
Want to help translate BleachBit? It's easy, and this new page explains how in detail.
- Internet Explorer index.dat files cannot be cleaned because they are in use (locked) by a running process. You will see a red error.
- On Windows when there is an exception (such as when a file can't be deleted), py2exe throws up an error dialog about a log file when exiting BleachBit.
- Do translations work on Windows? BleachBit 0.5.4 is in 23 languages. Please reply with a comment on the blog or a bug report.
Simplified Chinese on Windows 7:
Norwegian Bokmål on Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope:
Hindi on Fedora 10:
See more screenshots on the new screenshots web page.
Download BleachBit now. Installation packages are ready for 19 platforms including CentOS, Debian, Fedora, Mandriva, openSUSE, Red Hat, Ubuntu, and Windows.