BleachBit 0.2.1 is released. BleachBit is a file cleaner to free valuable disk space and to maintain privacy.
Highlights of changes
- Clean OpenOffice.org recent documents history (through a new system that performs operations more sophisticated than simply deleting a file)
- Introduce application icon
- Improve internationalization
- Add first localization: Spanish
- Fix conflict in packaging regarding 32-bit and 64-bit hosts
- Show version in about dialog (suggested by obscur156)
- Find RPM build directory a better way
- Improve abbreviation of bytes (for example, show 123,457 bytes as 120.6KB)
- Fix some small bugs
Translators are welcome to improve translations!
Notice the last file is prefixed with an asterisk. This indicates a special operation. In this case, the Common.xcu file is edited to remove the OpenOffice.org recent documents history, but the file is not deleted because it contains other information. (Tip: There are other ways to delete the OpenOffice.org recent documents history.)
Also notice the new application icon in the top-right-hand corner.
BleachBit's first translation is to Spanish! It's a little rough, but translators are welcome! (The spelling of "archivo" is already fixed for the next version.)
Installation packages are available for 16 Linux distributions-versions. Download BleachBit now.